Wednesday, June 25, 2008

picture abhi baaki hai dost. 'The End' accha hi hoga

singapore is a nice place to be in. very organized and systematic. one of the very few developed countries in asia. its asia's own land of dreams. our very own US of A. while this might augur well for my career in future, I would nevertheless miss india. in being too organized this place is also very predictable. it takes the charm out of life. different from a place like bombay. where each day brings with it newer challenges. from travelling in the local train to braving the july rains. to see people battle against all odds and live on, inspires even the laziest of persons to get moving. bombay is a city with a pulse. singapore, on the other hand, is plastic and staid. even the weather here remains the same throughout the year. imagine a place without seasons!! no summer or winter or spring! every thing has a flip side. so i ll take the package. but yes, ll always miss india. the familiar sights, sounds and smells. even the dirt and the filth. and of course ghar ka khana and street cuisine. miss the mutton stew and the tandoori kebab.
adjusting to the infrastructure and the system here is pretty easy. everything is user friendly and lucidly explained. there is even a website maintained by the government which provides you the exact location of any address you provide. GPS enables you to provide the exact route to any destination. internet is really fast. broadband is a norm. every place is air conditioned. home, office, taxis, metro, shopping centres. it's pretty comfortable. so that way adjusting is not dificult. of course i miss all of you. with time i ll develop a social circle. but still i ll miss you.

when i was a boy, still learning to be a man, I wished I could live the life of my dreams with the person I love, doing a job I covet in a place I like. I dont know if i have achieved any of these or ll ever achieve them all. I have gained so much and lost so much more in the past few years that i have stopped keeping count. but with my limited experience i know thats how life goes on. we have places, we have people, we have wonderful bondings, but everything has its time. its important to learn from them all and move on. thanks to my parents and some special friends, i have learnt to go through the labyrinthe of life and yet enjoy the 'artwork' on the walls.

No comments: