Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Tempest

Its so calm outside...the storm brewing inside me seems incongruous...the entire span of my life is dwarfed by the goings on in the past one year. It's quite an experience to face snow and scorching sand at the same place. Almost organsmic pleasure to emotionally shattering moments....I hve seen them all... At times the boundaries in time became so fudgy that it was almost like living a dichotomous roller coster. At XIMB, I have gained friendships to last a lifetime, fallen in love (literally!) and recovered. Above all, I have altered the course of my life.
After nurturing the dream of persuing Masters in soild state physics for the better part pf my engineering, my joining an MBA course was more of a travesty than a choice. It took me quite some time to come to terms with something which I believed I was not cut out for. MBA seemed to be a delightful distraction...a sinful indulgence....I felt like having an extended holiday....until the rigours of the course finally put me firmly on the ground.
The striking new addition to my life after coming to XIMB was the almost unlimited freedom....and with it the urge to try everything at least once. The subjects were demanding....but the temptations were stronger. Midnight escapades became common, intoxication came in different forms and cupid became an eager teacher. With time, however, the gilt faded from the scheme of things...mellowed thoughts set in and I realised the need for moderation.
To echo Amundsen, nobody has probably stood at a spot so diametrically opposite to his original ambitions....But had Amundsen been to the North Pole, he wouldn't probably have been any more famous.
At the end of the day I would thank the cosmic conspiracy that made it all possible....'coz in the midst of this tempest I have at least read myself better...emerged stronger and better armoured....

No comments: