Friday, October 07, 2005

Rebel (without a cause?)

When I was shown the road to follow....I didn’t budge
When I was offered the moon on a platter I took grudge
When I was asked to do what my heart desired I faltered
I wanted a course to my tastes altered
I took offence to suggestions that were fine
I didn’t accept choices that were not mine
To make them of my own I was at a loss
What was I?
A rebel...without a cause?

When there were friends sincere
I wanted none
When I got solitude
I felt so alone
What was wrong?
Efforts so useless
And feats unsung?
It wasn’t my call
No it wasn’t mine
It’s the rebel in me that made me whine

Wounds were opening up wide
There was a pain that won’t subside
I decided to open the lid
And look inside
There were shouts and screams
The rebel within was smothering my dreams
The writing was on the wall
I wondered why earlier I saw none at all

Rebel is a beast...rein it
When restrained it serves u
But ruins u when let free

No comments: